Inline ultrasonic flow meters
Ultrasonic flow meters are inferential meters that uses ultrasonic technology to measure the velocity of an acoustically conductive liquid moving through it. There are two types of ultrasonic flow meter technologies: Doppler shift and transit-time.
Transit-time measures the time differential between signals sent upstream and downstream. The differential is directly proportional to the velocity of the water. Transit-time meters are best used for measuring the flow of clean liquids and, as a result, are the most popular type of ultrasonic meter. Doppler shift measures the difference in frequency of the sound wave reflected off gas bubbles or particles in the flow stream and is suitable for aerated or dirty liquids.
- No moving parts virtually eliminates mechanical wear
- Sealed, non-removable, tamper-protected meter and register
- Minimum extended low-flow rate lower than typical positive displacement meters
- Utilizes the high resolution industry standard ASCII encoder protocol
- Materials: stainless steel, engineered polymer
- Simplified one-piece electronic meter and register are integral to meter body
- Easy-to-read, 9-digit LCD display reports consumption, rate of flow, reverse-flow indication, and alarms
- Complies with the lead-free provisions of the Safe Drinking Water Act
- Compatible with Badger Meter ORION® family of endpoints and other manufacturer approved technologies
Size 5/8…2 in.
Temperature Range 34…140 °F
Flow Range 5/8 inch: 0.05…25 gpm
5/8 x 3/4 inch: 0.05...25 gpm
3/4 inch: 0.05...32 gpm
1 inch: 0.25...55 gpm
1-1/2 inch: 0.40...100 gpm
2 inch: 0.50...160 gpm
Pressure Range Up to 175 PSI
Residential Water Metering
Residential Fire Service